That said, the draft link came across as '[1] "SIG-CLI' to me.  Typo?  This
seems like a group with potential overlap with other sigs like api
machinery, would be useful to better understand the boundaries.

- aaron

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 4:50:47 PM UTC-7, Aaron Crickenberger
wrote:

> Yes please, CLI is its own brand of user experience
>
> - aaron
>
> On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 2:09:16 PM UTC-7, DL duglin wrote:
>>
>> yes yes yes huge +1
>>
>> -Doug
>>
>> On Sep 22, 2016, at 4:37 PM, Fabiano Franz <ffr...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've been talking to a few people in the past couple weeks and now we'd
>> like to formally propose the creation of SIG-CLI (Special Interest Group
>> for the Kubernetes Command Line Interface).
>>
>> The idea would be to have a centralized place / meeting to discuss things
>> related to the CLI architecture, standards, compliance, and usability; or
>> anything else related to `kubectl` (and likely others) that might need
>> deeper or more top-level interactions than what we can do in pull requests.
>> Some nice examples are the recent discussions around refactoring
>> cmdutil.Factory <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/31702>,
>> the kubectl extensions framework
>> <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/30086>, moving printers
>> to the server <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/29472>,
>> etc.
>>
>> Let me know if that sounds like something we need and want. I wrote a
>> draft[1] of what could be our brief mission statement and I'll start the
>> process <https://github.com/kubernetes/community#how-to-start-a-sig>
>> depending on your feedback.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Fabiano Franz
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> Red Hat OpenShift
>>
>> [1] "SIG-CLI
>>
>> The Kubernetes Command Line Interface SIG (sig-cli) is a working group
>> for the contributor community interested in `kubectl` and related tools.
>>
>> We focus on the development and standardization of the CLI framework
>> <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/master/pkg/kubectl> and
>> its dependencies, the establishment of conventions
>> <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/master/docs/devel/kubectl-conventions.md>
>>
>> for writing CLI commands, POSIX compliance, and improving the command line
>> tools from a developer and devops user experience and usability
>> perspective."
>>

>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAMKmen0bDS3-wStsibnXhZ345xm4bgfWLbTUFfN-XJ2nGGHBCw%40mail.gmail.com
>>
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAMKmen0bDS3-wStsibnXhZ345xm4bgfWLbTUFfN-XJ2nGGHBCw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

  • [kubernetes-... Aaron Crickenberger
    • [kubern... Aaron Crickenberger
      • [ku... 'Daniel Smith' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... 'Daniel Smith' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • [kubern... 'Brian Grant' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • [kubern... Stefan Schimanski
    • [kubern... Ado Tony
      • [ku... 'Phillip Wittrock' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... 'Brian Grant' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... Ihor Dvoretskyi
          • ... 'Phillip Wittrock' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A