API machinery does not want to own the user-facing half of kubectl, I'm
reasonably sure.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Aaron Crickenberger <spif...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> This seems like a group with potential overlap with other sigs like api
> machinery, would be useful to better understand the boundaries.
>
> - aaron
>
> On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 4:50:47 PM UTC-7, Aaron Crickenberger
> wrote:
>>
>> Yes please, CLI is its own brand of user experience
>>
>> - aaron
>>
>> On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 2:09:16 PM UTC-7, DL duglin wrote:
>>>
>>> yes yes yes huge +1
>>>
>>> -Doug
>>>
>>> On Sep 22, 2016, at 4:37 PM, Fabiano Franz <ffr...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been talking to a few people in the past couple weeks and now we'd
>>> like to formally propose the creation of SIG-CLI (Special Interest Group
>>> for the Kubernetes Command Line Interface).
>>>
>>> The idea would be to have a centralized place / meeting to discuss
>>> things related to the CLI architecture, standards, compliance, and
>>> usability; or anything else related to `kubectl` (and likely others) that
>>> might need deeper or more top-level interactions than what we can do in
>>> pull requests. Some nice examples are the recent discussions around
>>> refactoring
>>> cmdutil.Factory <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/31702>,
>>> the kubectl extensions framework
>>> <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/30086>, moving printers
>>> to the server <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/29472>,
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> Let me know if that sounds like something we need and want. I wrote a
>>> draft[1] of what could be our brief mission statement and I'll start the
>>> process <https://github.com/kubernetes/community#how-to-start-a-sig>
>>> depending on your feedback.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Fabiano Franz
>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>> Red Hat OpenShift
>>>
>>> [1] "SIG-CLI
>>>
>>> The Kubernetes Command Line Interface SIG (sig-cli) is a working group
>>> for the contributor community interested in `kubectl` and related tools.
>>>
>>> We focus on the development and standardization of the CLI framework
>>> <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/master/pkg/kubectl> and
>>> its dependencies, the establishment of conventions
>>> <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/master/docs/devel/kubectl-conventions.md>
>>> for writing CLI commands, POSIX compliance, and improving the command line
>>> tools from a developer and devops user experience and usability
>>> perspective."
>>>

>>> --
>>> gid/kubernetes-dev/CAMKmen0bDS3-wStsibnXhZ345xm4bgfWLbTUFfN-
>>> XJ2nGGHBCw%40mail.gmail.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAMKmen0bDS3-wStsibnXhZ345xm4bgfWLbTUFfN-XJ2nGGHBCw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>

>>> --
> msgid/kubernetes-dev/d91db76d-6c5f-4c07-beef-63a336088891%

  • [kubernetes-... Aaron Crickenberger
    • [kubern... Aaron Crickenberger
      • [ku... 'Daniel Smith' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... 'Daniel Smith' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • [kubern... 'Brian Grant' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • [kubern... Stefan Schimanski
    • [kubern... Ado Tony
      • [ku... 'Phillip Wittrock' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... 'Brian Grant' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... Ihor Dvoretskyi