+1 - very good idea

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Fabiano Franz <ffr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I've been talking to a few people in the past couple weeks and now we'd
> like to formally propose the creation of SIG-CLI (Special Interest Group
> for the Kubernetes Command Line Interface).
>
> The idea would be to have a centralized place / meeting to discuss things
> related to the CLI architecture, standards, compliance, and usability; or
> anything else related to `kubectl` (and likely others) that might need
> deeper or more top-level interactions than what we can do in pull requests.
> Some nice examples are the recent discussions around refactoring
> cmdutil.Factory <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/31702>,
> the kubectl extensions framework
> <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/30086>, moving printers to
> the server <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/29472>, etc.
>
> Let me know if that sounds like something we need and want. I wrote a
> draft[1] of what could be our brief mission statement and I'll start the
> process <https://github.com/kubernetes/community#how-to-start-a-sig>
> depending on your feedback.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fabiano Franz
> Senior Software Engineer
> Red Hat OpenShift
>
> [1] "SIG-CLI
>
> The Kubernetes Command Line Interface SIG (sig-cli) is a working group for
> the contributor community interested in `kubectl` and related tools.
>
> We focus on the development and standardization of the CLI framework
> <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/master/pkg/kubectl> and
> its dependencies, the establishment of conventions
> <https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/master/docs/devel/kubectl-conventions.md>
> for writing CLI commands, POSIX compliance, and improving the command line
> tools from a developer and devops user experience and usability
> perspective."

> msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAMKmen0bDS3-wStsibnXhZ345xm4bgfWLbTUFfN-
> XJ2nGGHBCw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAMKmen0bDS3-wStsibnXhZ345xm4bgfWLbTUFfN-XJ2nGGHBCw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

  • [kubernetes-... Aaron Crickenberger
    • [kubern... Aaron Crickenberger
      • [ku... 'Daniel Smith' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... 'Daniel Smith' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • [kubern... 'Brian Grant' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • [kubern... Stefan Schimanski
    • [kubern... Ado Tony
      • [ku... 'Phillip Wittrock' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... 'Brian Grant' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... Ihor Dvoretskyi