I am looking for a pod in namespace A to access a service in namespace B
via a service in namespace A which proxies the request (so only the proxy
service needs to know about namespace B etc)
Is this possible?

On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 6:33:44 PM UTC+1, Daniel Smith wrote:

> I think the request is for e.g. a version of Ingress that runs within
> namespace A and exposes services running in namespace B under new DNS
> names. Or auto-populated headless services.
>
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 8:23 AM, 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user
> discussion and Q&A <kubernet...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Pods should be able to communicate across namespaces by default.  Can
>> you clarify what you tried that isn't working?
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 3:33 AM, Jo Ho <johnandr...@gmail.com
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I have been looking at ways to have pods and services communicate with
>> each
>> > other when they are in different namespaces. Is there an official way of
>> > doing this? I have looked at setting up services and external routes,
>> but my
>> > preference is to minimise "knowledge leak" from the namespaces i.e. to
>> not
>> > have to have the requirement for the orginating pod to have to have
>> > knowledge of the endpoint service (that is to say, it would be good to
>> have
>> > the equest to be transparent)
>> > Is this possible or does the orginating pod have to specify the fqdn of
>> the
>> > service in the other namespace? is there a way of proxying the request
>> so
>> > the originating pod can talk to the proxy and the proxy deals with the
>> > communication to the other service in the other namespace?
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > --
>> <javascript:>.
>> > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.
>>
>> --

  • [kubernetes-user... Jo Ho
    • Re: [kubern... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: [ku... 'Daniel Smith' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • Re:... Jo Ho
          • ... Rodrigo Campos
            • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
            • ... Matthias Rampke
              • ... Rodrigo Campos
                • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A