If it's in kube-up, I doubt it's a problem. But isn't testing reliable to
see if it works or not?

In any case, hopefully someone who knows more about this will read and
answer. But I think testing should be enough in any way, right? :-)

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016, Christopher Rigor <cri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I checked kube-up and it seems kubelet uses both --configure-cbr0
> and --network-plugin=kubenet. Kubenet takes precedence, it creates cbr0,
> but it does not restart docker.
>
> It looks like docker doesn't need to use --bridge=cbr0 when using the
> kubenet network plugin on kubelet. The pods will still have the IPs from
> cbr0. If this is correct, then the problem I described previously is not an
> issue with kubenet. I like to get confirmation if someone knows this is
> indeed true.
>
> On Tuesday, 11 October 2016 22:03:59 UTC+8, Rodrigo Campos wrote:
>>
>> Are the aws kube-up script in kubernetes repo useful? They use aws vpc
>> for routing.
>>
>> Also, you can check "kops", that maybe also helps, that installs on AWS.
>>
>> On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, Christopher Rigor <cri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> tl;dr chicken and egg problem on docker using cbr0 and kubelet
>>>
>>> I have a working 1.4.0 cluster set up manually and I want to automate
>>> the process. The master is on one AWS ec2 instance (apiserver,
>>> controller-manager, scheduler, etcd) and the nodes are on multiple ec2
>>> instances (kubelet, kube-proxy, docker).
>>>
>>> For networking, I'm using AWS routes created automatically by the
>>> controller-manager. The nodes get assigned their own Pod CIDR, and the AWS
>>> routes are created successfully. The main thing I'm working on is setting
>>> up cbr0 and passing that to docker.
>>>
>>> I'm using --configure-cbr0 on kubelet and it creates cbr0 successfully.
>>> However, docker needs to be running for kubelet to start. But docker can't
>>> start if cbr0 doesn't exist. Manually, I run docker using the default
>>> bridge. Then kubelet creates cbr0 and restarts docker.
>>>
>>> How do I automate this? One option I'm trying is editing
>>> /etc/init.d/docker to use cbr0 if it exists. When kubelet restarts docker,
>>> cbr0 is used.
>>>
>>> Notes:
>>> I have used flannel before to set up networking but I want to see if I
>>> can let kubernetes set up the networking.
>>> configure-cbr0 has been deprecated on 1.4.0. I am trying network plugins
>>> and kubenet but it has the same chicken and egg problem with docker and
>>> kubelet. Does kubenet restart docker?
>>>
>>> -Christopher Rigor
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to kubernetes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To post to this group, send email to kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com.
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to kubernetes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','kubernetes-users%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com');>
> .
> To post to this group, send email to kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com');>.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to kubernetes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to