I have a Dropwizard <http://www.dropwizard.io/1.0.2/docs/> based
application running on GKE <https://cloud.google.com/container-engine/>.
I'm already collecting lots of application specific metrics using dropwizard
metrics support <http://metrics.dropwizard.io/3.1.0/>.

I know it can report metrics via HTTP
<http://metrics.dropwizard.io/3.1.0/getting-started/#reporting-via-http>],
JMX <http://metrics.dropwizard.io/3.1.0/getting-started/#reporting-via-jmx>],
CSV, collectd
<https://github.com/dropwizard/metrics/tree/master/metrics-collectd>, etc.

*I want to send these metrics to Stackdriver.*

Three alternatives came to mind:

1. build a new metric reporter using Stackdriver Monitoring API
<https://cloud.google.com/monitoring/custom-metrics/creating-metrics>
2. create a new Stackdriver monitoring agent
<https://cloud.google.com/monitoring/agent/install-agent>
3. create a sidecar container that collects metrics (shared file or http
polling) and send them to StackDriver (API ? collectd ?)

What would be the most efficient and straighforward way to achieve that ?

Any help is appreciated.