Is there any plan (or GH issue, my GH search yielded no/too many results)
to allow specifying environment variables via a simple map instead of
having a list of "name"/"value" pairs?

I.e. rather than defining the following (real world examples have a much
larger number of env vars):

env:
- name: FOO_URL
  value: https://example.org/foo
- name: BAR_URL
  value: https://example.org/bar

I would like to have a simple:

env_map:
 FOO_URL: https://example.org/foo
 BAR_URL: https://example.org/bar

Excuse my naive question but I find the current "env" property rather
inconvenient for human users to use directly (I know of the flexibility to
lookup the value etc, but it should IMHO be convenient for the 90% use
case) :-)