The SSL annotation for AWS ELB works fine for us (Kubernetes 1.4), example
service YAML:

kind: Service
apiVersion: v1
metadata:
  name: myapp
  annotations:
    service.beta.kubernetes.io/aws-load-balancer-ssl-cert:
arn:aws:iam::12345678901:server-certificate/myteam-example-org-comodo
    service.beta.kubernetes.io/aws-load-balancer-backend-protocol: http
spec:
  selector:
    app: myapp
  type: LoadBalancer