Ok, we accomplished this and now secrets are generated with new service
accounts

However, the token isn't placed in the container at '
/var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount/token'. In fact, there is
nothing under /var/run/

We've restarted all the services/ nodes trying to get the changes to take
hold, no luck

Running env on the container shows that KUBERNETES_CA_FILE is set, but the
file isn't there (token missing as well)

KUBERNETES_CA_CERTIFICATE_FILE=/var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount/ca.crt

The definition of the RC is here: es-master-rc.yaml
<https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/master/examples/elasticsearch/production_cluster/es-master-rc.yaml>