is env and sub-namespace is service.
2. Or the env namespaces like you suggest.  Where the namespace is the
env.  Service discovery happens in the clean way you you describe, but we'd
need to make functionality like access control, quotas and other things
work based on labels and selectors within the namespace.  We'd probably
also need to be more careful about linking configMaps to their deployments
via references instead of the "just kill the namespace" approach we take
today.

#2 feels both practical and right to me at this point, but it'd obviously
require some work.

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 10:34 PM, 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user
discussion and Q&A <kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 7:45 PM, 'John Huffaker' via Kubernetes user
> discussion and Q&A <kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> So our "dev" env would be composed of N-different services foo, bar and
>> baz for example. 3 different teams maintain the 3 different services and
>> their related deployments.  We would like to limit operations like apply,
>> delete, exec and logs to only people on those teams to their respective
>> services and deployments.  the only way we found to get ABAC working in the
>> way we wanted in 1.2 was to put each service/deployment in their own
>> namespace (+ "-env").  Additionally for each service's deployment we'd like
>> to set a quota on how many CPUs/ram they can reserve.  As of right now it
>> looks like that is per-namespace as well.
>>

> Is there some reason you don't want the three services to be in three
> different namespaces? If you put them in three different namespaces, you
> can do everything you described with RBAC and quota.
>

>> I've been worried about this conflict between service discovery and
>> abac/quota's interpretation of how namespaces should be used for a while.
>>
>> On May 6, 2017 7:31 PM, "'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user
>> discussion and Q&A" <kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>>> Can you say more about what you mean? What are scenarios where you'd
>>> like to restrict use of selectors? (and on what objects?)

>>> --
>>>
>> --

    • Re: [k... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re... 'EJ Campbell' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... Matthias Rampke
          • ... Paul Ingles
  • [kubernetes... 'Brian Grant' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
  • Re: [kubern... 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • Re: [k... 'John Huffaker' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re... 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... 'John Huffaker' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • ... 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
            • ... 'John Huffaker' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... 'John Huffaker' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... jhuffaker via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... Tim St. Clair