Hi

We have been researching on Cluster Federation to built a management platform
for our widely spread independent Kubernetes Clusters
While doing so we came across your talk at Kubecon
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq9lbkmxpS8). It was quite helpful to us.

I had couple of questions that will help us to move ahead with our project and
efficient use of Cluster Federation in it. Apprecitae if anyone out here could
spend some valuable time and helps us understand it better.

Mostly its on the networking/multi cloud service communication aspect.

PFB the same.

Case 1)Multi-cloud service deployment networking
1) The concept of networking in Kubernetes is quite clear to us as far as
individual cluster is concerned? But how do we design the networking pane for
globally scattered kubernetes clusters (Public Cloud & Onpremise) managed by
Cluster Federation?

2) Assuming we have 2/3 tier application, with my web & app containers on
GCE/AWS & and my backend DB container on our private cloud. How does
inter-service communication happen in this case? How does my web/app layer talk
with my DB layer?

Case 2) Service Discovery across federated clusters ( Asia east, Asia west )
        A single Service ( Web-FrontEnd[Asia east], MySQL-Backend[Asia west])
        There are two etcd (federation controller layer, kubernetes cluster
layer)

4) Which contents are stored in etcd at cluter federation side?
    If containers in Cluster A is lost, how does cluster federation catch
failed container's status in Cluster A and spawn them to other available
Cluster.
When we spawn a service which is a collection of container...then, all info
regarding a service stored in etcd first on Cluster A and does it stored it
again etcd on federation side?

5) Can we have internal dns service to use with Cluster Federation? if yes,
What interconnections are there between SkyDNS(Kubernetes DNS) and Private
DNS(owned by us or Commercial DDNS)?
  Who updates service url/DNS updates when one of frontend containers get
failed?How does changes propogate?

Case 3)Inter-cluster migration in failures.
6) Having a common storage across cluster is not possible. Do we have any
provision to migrate the volumes too or any plan for the same ?

Hopefully someone in the community is also working on the same direction & have
some inputs.