On 2017-09-05 11:08 pm, Quinn Comendant wrote:
Perhaps use a wrapper for hostname that returns a simulated hostname
if called from your special program:

#!/bin/bash
if [[ $(ps -o comm= $PPID) == '/your/app/here' ]]; then
    echo "imitation.hostname.ourdomain.com"
else
    /bin/hostname "$@"
fi

Wouldn't work. It's a 3rd party (closed source, binary only) software that we're using, and that's what's calling hostname -f.

I suppose we could move /usr/bin/hostname out of the way, and run our own, but that's rather a hack. (And I'm not even sure if the 3rd party software is specifically using the hostname binary to get the fqdn.)

Thanks,

DR

      • Re: [kube... David Rosenstrauch
        • Re: [... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • R... David Rosenstrauch
          • R... David Rosenstrauch
            • ... Matthias Rampke
              • ... David Rosenstrauch
              • ... David Rosenstrauch
              • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... darose
  • Re: [kubernetes-us... Quinn Comendant
    • Re: [kubernet... David Rosenstrauch