I think that this comment should answer your question:
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/17088#issuecomment-307849868 As
far as I understand you can have single ingress controller that merges
config from many ingress objects. In other words, there could be one nginx
server with merged paths/configurations.