I'm trying to create an Ingress for my Kubernetes cluster on Google Compute
Engine. It was working fine while I was using the gke controller class. But
I had to change it to nginx controller to be able to specify the back end
timeout. The problem is that my Ingress is not being provided with an
external IP address

This is my Ingress manifest:

apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
kind: Ingress
metadata:
  name: ingress-router
  annotations:
    kubernetes.io/ingress.class: "nginx"
    nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/proxy-connect-timeout: "1200"
    nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/proxy-read-timeout: "1200"
    nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/proxy-send-timeout: "1200"
    nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/upstream-fail-timeout: "1200"
    kubernetes.io/ingress.global-static-ip-name: my-ip
spec:
  tls:
  - secretName: nginxsecret
  rules: