I have a Deployment Manager script as follows: cluster.py creates a kubernetes
cluster and when the script was run only for the k8 cluster creation, it was
successful -- so it means the cluster.py had no issues in creation of a k8
cluster

cluster.py also exposes ouputs: A small snippet of the cluster.py is as follows:

outputs.append({
            'name': 'v1endpoint' ,
            'value': type_name + type_suffix })

return {'resources': resources, 'outputs': outputs}
If I try to access the exposed output inside dmnginxservice resource below as
$(ref.dmcluster.v1endpoint) I get an error as resource not found

imports:
- path: cluster.py
- path: nodeport.py

resources:
- name: dmcluster
  type: cluster.py
  properties:
   zone: us-central1-a

- name: dmnginxservice
  type: nodeport.py
  properties:
   cluster: $(ref.dmcluster.v1endpoint)
   image: gcr.io/pr1/nginx:latest
   port: 342
   nodeport: 32123

ERROR: (gcloud.deployment-manager.deployments.create) Error in Operation
[operation-1519960432614-566655da89a70-a2f917ad-69eab05a]: errors:
- code: CONDITION_NOT_MET
  message: Referenced resource yaml%dmcluster could not be found. At resource
    gke-cluster-dmnginxservice.

Gist can be found here:
gist.github.com/anonymous/95a72abcf030be636827182b03a0f2af