Is it possible that an HTTP load balancer (auto-configured as part of an
Ingress) could occasionally drop backend connections while leaving the
frontend connected?

I'm running a websocket backend service (the backend-service timeout is
high) and on very rare occasions I'll see the service pod log that the
client dropped connection, while on the client side the HTTP connection is
still ESTABLISHED. So I'm guessing it must be the LB.

Is there a recommended way to troubleshoot the LB?

Any other potential scenarios that could cause this problem?