Don't know of. But I don't use gcp, so not sure if I can help.

Have you tried using the service nodeport? You can do that and send traffic
to one node, this will be round robin to all pods anyways. To see if it
happens too.

You can also try (not sure on gcp) manually configuring a mod balancer with
a nodeport service (just set all nodes as backends), or a service type load
balancer. And see if it happens if those cases.

That will give a hint if the issue seems to be with the ingress, load
balancer or kube-proxy.

On Saturday, April 21, 2018, Dave Jensen <djense...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a community of Kubernetes/GCP users that is more active than this
> Google Group?
>
> On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 5:14:28 PM UTC-7, Dave Jensen wrote:
>>
>> We have what I believe to be a very straightforward ingress setup on GKE.
>> However, we started noticing random slowdowns almost immediately. On
>> further investigation it looked like the time to first byte (TTFB) was very
>> slow (1 - 3 seconds) but sporadically. Sometimes it would be a pre-flight
>> OPTIONS request, sometimes an application request, and other times on
>> static files. Even the echoserver would sporadically have a long TTFB.
>>
>> I set up a portforward to one of the pods serving up our REST API server.
>> Sure enough, the slowdown was eliminated.
>>
>> Before I go down the rabbit hole of trying other ingress controllers, I
>> figured I'd ask the community if I was doing something wrong.
>>
>> ingress.yaml
>>
>> apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
>> kind: Ingress
>> metadata:
>>   name: brewd-ingress
>> spec:
>>   tls:
>>   - hosts:
>>     - stage-api2.example.com
>>     - stage-app2.example.com
>>     - stage-echo.example.com
>>     secretName: redacted
>>   rules:
>>   - host: stage-api2.example.com
>>     http:
>>       paths:
>>       - backend:
>>           serviceName: gateway-service
>>           servicePort: 7000
>>   - host: stage-app2.example.com
>>     http:
>>       paths:
>>       - backend:
>>           serviceName: web-service
>>           servicePort: 8080
>>   - host: stage-echo.example.com
>>     http:
>>       paths:
>>         - backend:
>>             serviceName: echoserver
>>             servicePort: 8080
>>
>> gateway-service.yaml
>> apiVersion: v1
>> kind: Service
>> metadata:
>>   name: gateway-service
>>   labels:
>>     app: gateway
>> spec:
>>   type: NodePort
>>   ports:
>>   - port: 7000
>>   selector:
>>     app: gateway
>> ---
>> apiVersion: apps/v1beta2
>> kind: Deployment
>> metadata:
>>   name: gateway-deployment
>> spec:
>>   selector:
>>     matchLabels:
>>       app: gateway
>>   replicas: 1
>>   template:
>>     metadata:
> [...]

  • [kubernetes-... Dave Jensen
    • [kubern... Dave Jensen
      • Re:... Rodrigo Campos
      • [ku... fadya via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... 'Ahmet Alp Balkan' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • ... Dave Jensen
        • ... Dave Jensen
          • ... Dave Jensen
            • ... marshall
            • ... Rodrigo Campos
              • ... 'Kenneth Massada' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... Dave Jensen
                • ... Rodrigo Campos