The method suggested by Naadir will not work on GKE.

- Most of the node filesystem is not writable (readonly), this includes
PATH directories.
- GKE nodes don't have individual setup (it may delete nodes during a scale
down or a repair) so the new nodes will require the setup again.
- If I recall correctly, the VM startup script doesn't work on GKE either,
you can't set up new nodes with this.