On Monday, March 09, 2015 02:12:51 PM Mustafa Muhammad wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Olivier van der Toorn
>
> <oliviervdto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 03/07/2015 10:38 PM, Mustafa Muhammad wrote:
> >> Hi, I am testing beta 1, and wanted to report some problems: 1)
> >> NetworkManager now requires pppoe binary (which is not installed
> >> by default), previously connection could be made using ppp, but now
> >> pppoe is required, so I think it should be included in the default
> >> installation.
> >>
> >> 2) vim (full, not minimal) package is small and important please
> >> ship it by default.
> >
> > Nano is installed by default. For (Kubuntu) desktop applications I
> > thought it was the policy to not have more than one thing do the same
> > thing. (For example have two Web browsers)
>
> Vi is already installed, but the installed version is crippled, I
> think we better install the full version (which I prefer) or remove
> it.

vim-tiny is included as part of ubuntu-minimal which is part of every Ubuntu
flavor, so it's not something we'd make a Kubuntu specific change for.  Because
of the way the Ubuntu repositories are structured and how we determine what
packages go no the ISO, it wouldn't be straightforward to do a Kubuntu specific
replacement of vim-tiny with vim.

Scott K