Gosh, Kubuntu 18.04 32-bit iso works now.

I just tried with Ubuntu 18.04 32-bit successfully, then tried Kubuntu
18.04 32-bit again.

IT
WORKS
THIS
TIME

I'm going to jump into a lake to cool down before going on testing.

BTW, 64-bit OEM installation failed, with exactly the same symptoms as last
time I tested with 17.10.

Franklin