Christian Borntraeger wrote:
> On Monday 14 May 2007 18:23, Christian Bornträger wrote:
>
>> On Friday 11 May 2007 21:00, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>>
>>> I think it would be better to use hvc_console as Xen now uses it too.
>>>
>> I just had a look at hvc_console, and indeed this driver looks appropriate
>>

> As I started prototyping this frontend I realized that hvc_console requires
> some interfaces, which are not present on s390, e.g. we have no request_irq
> and free_irq. Dont know if hvc_console is still the right way to go for us.

It seems like request_irq is roughly the same as
register_external_interrupt.  I suspect that you could get away with
either patching hvc_console to use register_external_interrupt if
CONFIG_S390 or perhaps providing a common interface.

I suspect that this is going to come up again for sharing other paravirt
drivers.