On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 08:44 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> What does 'top' on the host show in both cases?

On the fast one (kvm-27) I just see the dd as a flash in top.  It
doesn't stay for long.  The VM isn't very responsive during the dd.

On the slow (kvm-28) one, I see the dd in top creeping along, using ~2%
of the CPU.  The guest is responsive during this time

> There was a change in kvm userspace that affected IDE.  Can you try
> kvm-27 userspace with a kvm-28 kernel module?

That's actually what I've been doing the whole time.  Sorry, my initial
problem description must not have been very clear.  I've been using the
kvm-28 modules the entire time, and only varying the userspace.

The IDE changes do look suspect.

-- Dave