Hello,
        I know this is not probably the place, but as I haven't found a
kvm-users list and probably some of you have encountered the same problem I feel
it's the best place to post my problem.  I have a macbook pro running Feisty
with a Radeon Mobility X1600 and VMX cpu support and I was quite interested in
trying kvm. I followed the steps of any of the online manuals, but I didn't get
far. As soon as I tried to install Windows XP:

        kvm -no-acpi -m 384 -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d windows.img

        I obtained  the following output:

       ---------------------- DirectFB v0.9.25 ---------------------
             (c) 2000-2002  convergence integrated media GmbH
             (c) 2002-2004  convergence GmbH

(*) DirectFB/Core: Single Application Core. (2006-12-20 21:25)
(*) Direct/Memcpy: Using MMX optimized memcpy()
(!) Direct/Util: opening '/dev/fb0' and '/dev/fb/0' failed
    --> No such file or directory
(!) DirectFB/FBDev: Error opening framebuffer device!
(!) DirectFB/FBDev: Use 'fbdev' option or set FRAMEBUFFER environment variable.
(!) DirectFB/Core: Could not initialize 'system' core!
    --> Initialization error!
Could not initialize SDL - exiting

        I checked and couldn't find any framebuffer device in my computer. After
googling a lot, creating those devices manually, trying to boot with both the
propietary and open source driver, loading the radeonfb module I haven't been
able to avoid this problem. Could someone in the list enlighten me?

        Best regards,
        Víctor