Hi Team,
  I don't know if anyone here also subscribes to linux-rt-users, but it
seems as though Ingo et. al. rejected my modifications which ran the
smp_call() in a thread (VFCIPI).  So FYI: KVM is still broken on RT and
needs to be addressed.

In a nutshell, kvm_lock cannot be used as it us today.  It either needs
to be a raw_spinlock_t, or the locking needs to be done differently.
The code currently blows up when you shut down a VM running on top of
PREEMPT_RT.  Just thought you might want to know.

Regards,
-Greg