Using the KVM git tree on a 32-bit host, I can't boot a kernel with
-kernel.  a wrmsr() to EFER is resulting in the guest getting a GP.  The
very curious thing is the call is wrmsr_safe() so I don't think it
should be failing.  Moreover, if I allow wrmsr to succeed, the guest
just hangs.

I know the efer MSR stuff changed recently, anyone have any thought on
what's wrong?

I'll start bisecting if noone has any ideas.