On 8/29/07, Cam Macdonell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dor Laor wrote:
> > The code can now be accessed by git:
> > git://kvm.qumranet.com/home/dor/src/virtio/kvm (kernel) and
> > git://kvm.qumranet.com/home/dor/src/virtio/kvm-userspace.
> > branch name virt-final.
> > --Dor
>
> I'm really new to git and don't quite grasp it's subtleties.  Do I have
> to "git clone" your kvm kernel and user-space repos or is there some way
> to use your branch as a branch off Avi's?  I tried finding an online
> reference, but none seem to cover this kind of setup.

If Dor's repository is based on the Avi's one (I think so) you can
pull virt-final branch as a branch of you existing repository (see
refspec parameter in git-pull). This is error prone though (after a
while I tend to pull the wrong tree into the wrong branch ;-) )
I prefer to clone the whole tree (disk space is cheap...), sharing GIT
object where possible, e.g.

git clone --reference kvm.avi
git://kvm.qumranet.com/home/dor/src/virtio/kvm kvm.dor

where kvm.avi is you existing kvm git repository.

Luca