Hello Dong and others,

thanks for the replies. I was trying to get KVM up with latest kernel, but
didn't immediately succeed. I have it built with the instructions from a
previous reply and it seemed OK, but I haven't had a chance to try it out
yet.

As for testing the time shift: To us the virtual machine would be like another
hardware baseline to verify. So we will have to do that to test the time
correctness. What to do?

Sending time stamped broadcast or multicast messages may well do the trick, I
have yet to look on how the network stack or the guest and host work together
in paravirtualization with KVM.

Also I would not be sure what a 0.1% shift would be. From what do you mean the
percentage? Or is that a typo and you would mean 0.1 ms ?

Best regards,
Kay Hayen