Glauber de Oliveira Costa wrote:
> When it's more close to inclusion, I'd also post it to main qemu list.
> But right now, I'm just aiming at a first round around this draft.
>
> The attached patch is enough to make the notifications DEVICE_CHECK
> and EJECT reach the kernel. As far as I understand, some userspace
> black magic that keeps changing its scroll is needed to really put the
> processors logically off/on after the notify (acpi code itself will
> never call cpu_up/down)
>
> Just let me tell you what you think.

You aren't the only hypervisor developer to encounter this:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/866461?do=post_view_threaded

The patch looks good.  One thing we might change is to use just one gpe
as a "something processor related has changed" and look up some other
pio word to see exactly what, that may be simpler with larger numbers of
processors (maybe).

--
Any sufficiently difficult bug is indistinguishable from a feature.