Paul Brook wrote:
>> Is this a reasonable merge strategy?  We won't introduce regressions but
>> I can't guarantee these new things will work cross-architecture.
>>

> I think it depends to some extent whether things will need rewriting to be
> made cross-architecture. In particular if this requires interface changes.
> This means either breaking existing guests, or having to support both
> interfaces.

That's a reasonable stance to take.  I don't think anything in the tree
right now presents that problem.  I'll start sending out some patches
and if you have specific concerns, we can talk about them 1-by-1.

> e.g. the extboot stuff seems like something that should be usable by all
> targets, except that the current interface looks like it's inherently x86
> specific.

Well with extboot in particular, the only interface is between the
extboot option ROM and QEMU and I don't think that breaking that
interface will matter much in practice.