Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> I think it's obvious that Linux and uboot will never use this. Unless
> someone steps up to continue PowerPC Xen development, neither will Xen.
> So you've now narrowed down the use case to dtc (which is libfdt
> upstream) and qemu.

Is Xen ppc discontinued?

> Whose problem are you trying to solve? It doesn't seem to be one that
> any existing users have. If you want to push it, you should probably
> propose it on [EMAIL PROTECTED] , which is where libfdt is
> discussed.
>
> I'm sure as hell not going to advocate creating a standalone library,
> push it into every package that supports PowerPC, and then telling users
> they must build on a supported version of a supported distribution.

It doesn't have to be a package; it can be as simple as a tarball that
people have to make; && sudo make install before compiling kvm, the same
as other prerequisite libraries.

The barrier should be whether we need to carry local changes or not.  If
we can use upstream as is, then it should be installed independently.

--
Any sufficiently difficult bug is indistinguishable from a feature.