Anthony Liguori wrote:
> If someone posts a simple howto with how to setup VMGL in a guest and
> host, I'll take a look at it this weekend and see if I can't increase
> the FPS by tweaking the virtio network driver.
>
> virtio should get very good throughput but the latencies aren't very
> optimized yet so if VMGL is latency sensitive, this may be what you're
> seeing.  I don't know what is normal to expect from VMGL though.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony Liguori

Hi Anthony

Here is one I made as I went along.  If it's useful I will move it to
the KVM wiki.  VirtIO does seem to improve performance of an openGL
video game ("enemy territory" used in the paper).  However glxgears gets
better performance (more FPS) using rtl8139.  Perhaps a bandwidth v.
latency difference?

http://warburg.cs.ualberta.ca/~cam/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=vmgl

Cam