On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 01:21:53PM -0300, Glauber Costa wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Here's a first series of patch aiming at vcpu pinning support in qemu.
> Ideally, as vcpu as just normal threads, the usual userspace tools can be used
> to set cpu affinities mask.
>
> However, It makes it very difficult to _start_ a vm with vcpus pinned, since
> we don't know the thread ids from qemu in advance, nor do we know when are the
> vcpus created.
>
> The patches introduce a -cpu-map option, that, if specified, starts the
> virtual cpus
> with the specified affinities.
>
> Comments? Welcome. Random rants? Not welcome, but... how can I stop you? So
> go ahead!

Cool, this goes into the same direction as I planned for KVM-NUMA
support. Do you plan to extend vcpu pinning into that direction?

Joerg

--
           |           AMD Saxony Limited Liability Company & Co. KG
 Operating |         Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101, 01109 Dresden, Germany
 System    |                  Register Court Dresden: HRA 4896
 Research  |              General Partner authorized to represent:
 Center    |             AMD Saxony LLC (Wilmington, Delaware, US)