Ryota OZAKI wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This patch allows a VM to have own directory on debugfs,
> that contains statics only for the VM. Each directory
> is identified by the pid of the VM (ie qemu).
>
> I tried this patch under several host kernel versions,
> .22, .23, and .24, and confirmed things work out well.

Nice patch; it's certainly useful to improve per-vm trace capabilities.

It would be nice to keep the summary, since that allows running kvm_stat
with no arguments.

On the other hand, the kvmtrace patchset recently posted adds much more
detailed data; we should probably concentrate on that as a means of
improving performance tracing.