Avi Kivity wrote:
> Zhang, Xiantao wrote:
>> Hi, Avi
>> Currently, make sync in userspace only syncs x86-specific heads from
>> kernel source due to hard-coded in Makefile.
>> Do you have plan to provide cross-arch support for that?
>
> No plans.  I'll apply patches though.  But don't you need kernel
> changes which make it impossible to run kvm-ia64 on older kernels?
>
>> Other archs may
>> need it for save/restore :)
>>

> Save/restore?  Don't understand.

You know, currently make sync would sync header files to userspace from
include/asm-x86/, so kvm.h and kvm_host.h are always synced from there
for any archs. Since some arch-specific stuff for save/restore should be
defined in include/asm-$arch/(kvm.h; kvm_host.h), so ia64 or other archs
should need it when they implement save/restore.
Xiantao