Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Avi Kivity wrote:
>>
>> Please separate the code movement and changes into separate patches.
>
> I'm not sure there's a great way to do this that preserves
> bisectability and results in meaningful history.  I could leave the
> #ifdef's in i8254-kvm.c and then have a second patch that removes
> them.  That doesn't seem to be terribly valuable though from a history
> perspective as it still requires a bit of code change to keep things
> working.  Were you thinking of something else?

Nothing exotic.  The patch moves some structure declarations to header
files, that can be split off so we have one patch that paves the way
(doing nothing but code movement) and the other actually introduces the
new device, only adding new code (and possibly exporting functions).

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.