Jerone Young wrote:
> virtio net device does not appear to show itself in the guest. I'm
> curious of what options I may be missing. Here is my config
>
> CONFIG_VIRTIO_NET=y
[..]
> CONFIG_VIRTUALIZATION=y
> CONFIG_KVM=y
> CONFIG_KVM_BOOKE_HOST=y
> CONFIG_VIRTIO=y
> CONFIG_VIRTIO_RING=y
> CONFIG_VIRTIO_PCI=y

That should be enough in .config, but be aware that you need the proper qemu
command line like
  "-net nic,model=virtio,macaddr=00:00:00:00:00:AA -net tap"
as well as a /etc/qemu-ifup script (I sent one for our purpose to kvm-ppc-devel
a while ago)
+ you need some tools installed e.g. brctl
and you need to create /dev/net/tun in the host because we have no dynamic /dev.

If you have done all that already and it is still not working you should
continue with anthonys
suggestion and send what lspci shows you. If you want to be complete use "lspci
-vvvx"
And maybe it is worth to add debug to the kernel command line of the guest and
attach a full dmesg
to the same response too, just in case someone might want to look at driver
messages.

--

GrĂ¼sse / regards,
Christian Ehrhardt