Glauber Costa wrote:

> So maybe declare the per-cpu areas in a special section, then in
> setup_per_cpu_areas, copy them into the definitive per-cpu section and
> update the callers?

The special section and the copy is implemented already.

That doesn't cut it for the kvmclock case though.  We registered the
physical address via msr write in the host, and *that* needs an update
too.  Otherwise the host continues to update the pre-setup location, and
the guest sees the (stale) values the kvm clock had at
per-cpu-area-setup time (when the copy took place).

cheers,
  Gerd

--
http://kraxel.fedorapeople.org/xenner/