On Wednesday 04 June 2008 03:51:12 pm you wrote:
<snip>
> Today, I managed to get a couple Linux guests to load using the
> virtio drivers in kernel 2.6.25.  Colour me impressed!
<snip>
> That, combined with how easy it is to manage kvm (I wrote my own
> management scripts and config file format that is a lot easier to
> read than the Xen ones), configure networking in the host (done using
> the distro tools, not some arcane python scripts), and get hardware
> driver support in the host (standard distro kernels, not ancient
> xen-specific ones), makes it very hard to find reasons to run Xen.
> The only reason I can find, is if you have hardware that doesn't
> support VMX/SVM, but is supported by kernel 2.6.18, in which case Xen
> 3.0 works quite nicely (not 3.1 or later).
>
> Kudos to the kvm devs, the kernel devs, the qemu devs, and the rest
> who are involved in making KVM work so well!

I agree.  I've been really impressed with KVM-69.  It has worked very
reliably.

My story is very similar, except that I was using the free VMware Server
(I couldn't justify the price tag for ESX).  In short, KVM came to save
the day and I get much better performance than I did with VMware.  My
setup is for a two-node cluster with DRBD and OCFS2.  The ability to
migrate VM's so quickly is wonderful.  I too wrote my own scripts which
I will share in a few months once I'm done fixing bugs.

Yes, KVM is very easy to install, manage and use.  It is even better
when you write your own scripts.  It's wonderful to be able to manage
things in a way that best makes sense based on your experience and
infrastructure.

Thank you to the KVM team for all of your great work!

--
Alberto Treviño
[EMAIL PROTECTED]