Am Montag, 14. Juli 2008 schrieb Avi Kivity:
> Certainly.  I suggest exposing this via a KVM_CAP_blah and adapting at
> runtime.
>
> Placing the guest at offset zero is dangerous, since all a guest has to
> do is place a function at guest physical address zero and wait for a
> kernel bug that calls a null function pointer (at least, it would behave
> like that on x86, provided no-execute was disabled; it may well be that
> s390 has additional protection).

Since we have separate address space for kernel and userspace this should be
fine for s390. But I totally agree that offset != 0 is better for quality and
testing. During KVM Forum time frame I found some null pointer accesses in
our userspace code when I changed offset to 1MB. In the long term we
definitely want to move our guest.

Christian