Hi all,

I was going through the slides "Integrating KVM with the linux memory
management" on MMU notifiers.

can anyone tell me ... if spte is invisible to linux vm, then why does
page->_mapcount increments when a spte mapping is created ? is it done
explicitly by the kvm code (if so, why) ?

do references to any page from a kernel data-structure (spte in this
case) don't involve access though page table entries (hence
try_to_unmap() can't unmap those references) ? which makes any page
referenced through kernel structures unswappable ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Sukanto Ghosh