Can you try http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/WindowsGuestDebug
You can use windows host as a VM too.
Since (in the past) there was a problem with the virtual serial polling you can use -no-kvm and the
qemu patch, as described in the wiki.
Good luck, Dor.

Muppana, Bhaskar wrote:
Hi,

I am facing issues while trying to debug Windows XP kernel running on
top of Linux KVM.
I have to debug Windows XP kernel running in a VM. I have dedicated
ttyS0 on the host to the guest. I am using the following command to
bring up Windows VM.

/usr/local/kvm/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 \
          -hda /opt/vdisk.img \
          -boot c \
          -m 512 \
          -net nic,model=rtl8139,macaddr=52:54:00:12:34:56 \
          -net tap,ifname=qtap0,script=no \
          -smp 1 \
          -usb \
          -usbdevice tablet \
          -localtime \
-serial /dev/ttyS0

I have another machine, running Windows XP, connected to the Linux host
through serial cable.
                                                        --------
                                                     |Windows |
                                                     |  VM    |
                                                     |(target)|
                                                        --------
 ---------------                                 ----------------
|  Windows Host | ----------------- | Linux with KVM |

I am able to send messages between Windows host and target through
serial ports (tested using windows power shell). But, I am not able to
use Win DBG (Kernel Debugger) in host to connect to target. Target is
getting stuck while booting.
Debug enabled Windows entry in boot.ini:

Professional" /fastdetect /debugport=COM1 /baudrate=115200

Can someone please help me regarding this?

Thanks,
Bhaskar