Anthony Liguori wrote:

I'm actually liking bdrv_flush_all() less and less. If there are any outstanding IO requests, it will increase the down time associated with live migration. I think we definitely need to add a live save handler that waits until there are no outstanding IO requests to converge. I'm concerned though that it's not totally unreasonable to expect a guest to always have an IO request in flight.

I/O requests should complete in milliseconds; I don't see them as increasing migration latency.

That leads me to think that maybe we should be cancelling outstanding requests, and somehow saving their state?

Migration is enough of a special case that we should avoid special cases within it as much as possible.