Veiko Kukk wrote:
Hi!

My desktop machine is HP dc5750 SFF, CPU is AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, /proc/cpuinfo lists svm flag. I'm using 2.6.27 kernel on FC9, qemu-system-x86_64 "info version" 0.9.1.

How can I be absolutely sure, that my kvm virtual machines are using AMD-V?

You can /sbin/lsmod | grep kvm_amd and check for ref count > 0.
You can also use dmesg to check kvm messages.

Alternatively, check kvm_stat tool or run
/usr/sbin/lsof -p `pgrep qemu` | grep /dev/kvm

Dor