Bugs item #2327497, was opened at 2008-11-22 07:53
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jiajun
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=2327497&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The NFS network of KVM guest is very unstable. When we copy a >600M file to the
guest by NFS mount. The guest's network will down after finishing at about 500M
size.
Then, guest's network is down. Host also can not use "ping" or "scp". And
sometimes, host also complains: ping: sendmsg: No buffer space available. I see
memory by 'free', there is only 69MB free (While totally 8GB on the machine!).

Using scp to copy file can not reproduce it. This issue is very easy to be
reproduced (>50%).

Reproduce steps:
----------------
1. Create a guest and config NFS sharing folder on it
2. Mount the nfs folder to local folder --- /media
3. cp xxx /media
4. After some time, guest network is down

Date: 2008-11-26 19:43

Message:
We tried e1000, virtio and 8139cp driver. No such issue found.
Seems the issue only occur with 8139too driver.

Comment By: Avi Kivity (avik)
Date: 2008-11-25 01:47

Message:
I tested overnight with e1000, 2.5TB and still going.  Please retest with
e1000.

Comment By: Fabio Coatti (cova)
Date: 2008-11-24 07:47

Message:
I wouldn't be so sure of 8139 culprit. We are seeing this with e1000 and
virtio driver...

Comment By: Avi Kivity (avik)
Date: 2008-11-24 07:31

Message:
Seems to be a bug in the 8139too driver.  Please try with the 8139cp driver
(which has much better performance).

Comment By: Jiajun Xu (jiajun)
Date: 2008-11-23 23:01

Message: