Shan, Haitao wrote:
Well, it may make sense to provide the ROMs as virtual PCI BARs, and
have the bios do the work. This way, if some driver relies on
remapping the BAR (graphic cards?), it can still work.

I do not quite understand this. Can you elaborate?

Which part?

I propose not to copy the card option rom to the bios. Instead, present the bios as a virtual PCI BAR. The loop that scans the ROMs can then be moved to the bios.

The advantage is that if a driver needs something in the ROM (mode tables for graphics), they will be available.

I don't know if any card actually requires this. Maybe all the information is in the driver.