Hi Anshul,
On 06/30/2014 10:41 PM, Anshul Makkar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently as per the specs for cpu_hot(un)plug, ACPI GPE Block:  IO
> ports 0xafe0-0xafe3  where each bit corresponds to each CPU.
>
> Currently, EJ0 method in acpi-dsdt-cpu-hotplu.dsl doesn't do anything.
>
> Method(CPEJ, 2, NotSerialized) {
>         // _EJ0 method - eject callback
>         Sleep(200)
>     }
>
> I want to implement a notification mechanism for CPU hotunplug just
> like we have in memory hotunplug where in we write to particular IO
> port and this read/write is caught in the memory-hotplug.c .
>
> So, just want a suggestion as to whether I should expand the IO port
> range from 0xafe0 to 0xafe4 (addition of 1 byte), where last byte is
> for notification of EJ0 event.
>
> Or if you have any other suggestion, please share.

In fact, Chen Fan has implemented this feature in his previous vcup hot remove
patchset:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-12/msg04266.html
As you know, it is based on the cleaning up kvm vcpus as you mentioned the in
So I am trying to respin a new one based on Chen Fan's previous patchset
recently,
and if nothing else, I will send it to the community in the coming week. So if
you
like, please hold on for a moment.;)

Thanks,
Gu