Matteo Frigo wrote:
Avi Kivity <a...@redhat.com> writes:

Can you rerun on AMD, but set add npt=0 as a kvm-amd module parameter?
This will determine if this is an mmu bug or kvm-intel bug.

AMD works fine with npt=0, both cygwin and my setjmp()/longjmp() test
program.  dmesg confirms that nested paging is disabled.

So it isn't the mmu.

I'm a a little far latency-wise from an AMD host. Can you run this experiment on AMD (-monitor stdio will help):

- run a cygwin program in an infinite loop (while :; do :; done is sufficient)
- 'info registers', look at gdt
- 'x/28x 0x$GDT'

I'm interested in offset 0x28, but please provide the whole thing for sanity checking.

signature is too narrow to contain.