On 08/04/2014 07:35 PM, Mathew Li wrote:
Hi,

I have a quick question. How do we add a hard disk to the qemu ARM VM?

I tried:

qemu-system-aarch64 -machine virt -hda disk.img -kernel image -initrd initrd.img

qemu-system-aarch64 -machine virt -sd disk.img -kernel image -initrd initrd.img

qemu-system-aarch64 -machine virt -mtdblock disk.img -kernel image
-initrd initrd.img

Nothing seems to work. I am not able to see any disk (i.e. dev/sdX)
inside guest OS.

You can expose disk to guest VM via virtio, then guest can mount /dev/vda as rootfs.

-Wei

Can someone please guide on this?

Many thanks in advance!
Mathew