Hi all,

I've successfully installed KVM (version 83 with 2.6.28 kernel) and
windows as guest.  I start it with

  kvm -net nic,macaddr=46:0e:b3:53:9f:3a \
      -net user -localtime -smb /home/horn \
      ~/kvm/windows.img

and basically it works fine.  I have network access in the guest,
performance is fine and every application I need seems to work well.

The only thing which doesn't work is accessing my $HOME on the host from
the guest.  My $HOME is /home/horn and reading the kvm man page it seems
clear that with that I should be able to access the dir using
\\smbserver\qemu.  I added the line "10.0.2.4 smbserver" in the lmhosts
file, too.  But the connection always fails.

Samba is installed on the host (/usr/sbin/smbd exists), CIFS support is
in the kernel.  But "ps -e" doesn't show a smbd process when the guest
is started.

I also tried starting smbd before starting the guest, but still no luck.

When on the guest I can ping 10.0.2.2 but not 10.0.2.4.  Reading the kvm
man page I see that this is the built-in TFTP server, but why is it
activated?  I didn't specify "-tftp dir" on the command line...

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  Or does someone know how to
debug what's the problem?

Thanks a lot for any pointers!

Bye,
Tassilo