On 11/11/2014 10:20, Wu, Feng wrote:
> > Since legacy KVM device assignment is effectively deprecated, have you
> > considered how we might do this with VFIO?  Thanks,
>
> I haven't thought about how to enable this in VFIO so far. I think I can
> continue to
> implement that if needed after this patch set is finished. What do you think
> of this?

Hi Feng,

we are not applying new features to legacy KVM device assignment, since
it is unsafe (it does not honor ACS).

I and Alex can help you with designing a way to interface VFIO with KVM
posted interrupts.  Give us a few days to study these patches more, or
feel free to request comments if you have ideas about it yourself.

Paolo